Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fooball Game

Today we headed up to Chadron to watch a football game. We went up a little early to spend some time at Curt's brother Doug's house. We brought Grandma Cheri along to babysit Barrett at Doug's house during the game and we thought Bodie would enjoy going to the game with us. Unfortunately the game started right at nap time and Bodie was horribly whiny. I bought him a balloon, but noAdd Imagething could get him in a better mood. I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with him waking up at 5:30 this morning and the fact that it was a fairly chilly day. He kept saying "Doug's house, Doug's house" so I took him back there after the first quarter. He must have been so excited to be leaving the game he didn't even notice the balloon fly out of the car as I was buckling him in. I took him back to Doug's and then returned to see part of the 2nd quarter and half-time (not that there was any half-time entertainment at the game). I was kind of torn about whether or not I should leave a bottle for Barrett or just go and feed him. Ultimately I decided I didn't want any more to do with my breast pump than necessary so at the start of the 3rd quarter I went back to feed Barrett. Lucky for me I walked in to 2 babies with dirty diapers. So by the time I got them both changed and Barrett fed, I got back to the game part-way through the 4th quarter (it was a pretty quick moving game).

For a kid who whined about being at the football game, he did great hanging with Grandma and Doug. Especially great for not having any nap at all. Of course he got to snack on cookies, chips and juice all afternoon (yikes!) and wouldn't touch his dinner at all but I guess that is what happens when you hang out with Grandma. On the car ride back to Grandma's Bodie slept for maybe 45 minutes. Needless to say he was ready for bed when we got back tonight.

No comments: