Saturday, November 29, 2008

Potty Training... or Lack There Of

We thought this nice, four day weekend would be a good time to gauge Bodie's interest in and readiness for potty training. After 2 days I've decided his interest is about a 5 and his readiness is about a 2 (he can sit on the pot with out falling off, usually). Yesterday morning he asked to wear his underwear (I'm guessing because we had talked it up so much all week). He had it on and we took him to the bathroom about every 15-20 minutes. He went willingly and sat on the toilet fine but would never go. Then we were enjoying a snack and I thought I felt something warm against my leg. Of course I didn't think it would have been Bodie peeing in his pants, but right after the snack we went to the bathroom and he was wet. He hadn't even phased him when he did it. I knew that couldn't be a good sign. He insisted on wearing underwear again so we let him until his nap. He managed to stay dry the rest of the morning, but never did go on the toilet.

Then today we decided to try again. Since Bodie and I were going shopping in the morning we waited until after his nap to bring out the underwear. I'm not sure if I would consider what happened today more of a success or failure but he ended up with 2 accidents and no peeing in the toilet. The only success I can make of it is that he was clearly bothered each time he peed in his pants. That has to be better than Friday when he didn't care at all. I think we are going to wait another month before trying with him again. Maybe by then my fantasies of Bodie waking up one day magically potty trained will come true!

No comments: