Thursday, December 25, 2008

All things Christmas

So our Christmas festivities went much better than I could have imagined. Way better than the horror I imagined in my previous post. Bodie was very well behaved in Chruch. Although he spent most of his time sitting with Grandpa, which I think would make any kid behave well. I didn't even have to pull any distractions out of the bag until mass was more than half over. And mass was only about an hour and a half. I think I had confused Christmas Eve with Easter Vigil, which is very long. I did try to feed Bodie before we went but he really wouldn't eat. He more than made up for that later, putting away pizza, bread sticks, spaghetti, cookies, and some candy at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Bodie was very much into opening gifts this year. With each package he unwrapped he exclaimed, "what's that." Although the way it came out sounded much more like "Wuz up" so I just cracked up every time he said it. As always, my parents were very generous with the gifts they gave, and we had fun spending time with everyone.

Today we opened the gifts we received from Curt's family and the ones the boys received from us. Curt and I didn't exchange. Instead, he gets to go to 2 golf tournaments next year and I bought myself a new camera and I'll also get a new purse and pajamas, as soon as I can find ones I like.

Grandma bought each grandchild a Santa hat. Unfortunately she couldn't figure out how to get them on so there is no photo of all the kids wearing them, as she'd imagined. Curt came to the rescue and put Bodie's on, and he wasn't taking it off.



We bought Bodie a football outfit (helmet, shoulder pads, pants and jersey). He wore the helmet but didn't want anything to do with the shoulder pads. Thankfully Barrett had no opinions on the situation.

No comments: