Monday, December 22, 2008

What is this, a blog?

My blogging has taken a back seat to life over the past few months. Back in October, Curt broke his leg officiating (he had to correct me when I wrote refereeing in our Christmas letter) and I got super busy at work. I won't dwell on all of this, but things were very crazy at our house for a period of time. Thankfully Curt was off his crutches by Thanksgiving and we are slowly returning to normal. Or normal for us anyway. I don't think I've really cleaned our house since before the leg breaking incident. I was able to keep it unembarrassingly tidy until this past weekend. I knew I was off work the next 2 weeks and am focused on organizing and cleaning, so I didn't bother to pick up a thing this weekend. And then my mom came over today. Yikes. I warned her it was messy, but I could still tell she was shocked to walk in. Cleaning is definitely a big focus of my tomorrow. Today was spent finishing the Christmas shopping, wrapping, and assembling a new shelf to hold some toys in the basement. Also we are without a fridge right now because the compressor went out on our old one yesterday. We have a new one that is scheduled to be in on the 24th, but we are unsure when we'll actually get it. We thought we'd borrow my dad's truck and pick it up, but he is working that day. Curt called tonight to see if we could switch to delivery and, after calling several different numbers, someone was supposed to be calling him back. That was several hours ago. We might see about borrowing a friend's truck that day. We really don't want to wait until Friday to pick it up as it is a huge inconvenience to not have a fridge. We've tried keeping some of our goods in the garage and they just end up freezing. Tonight Bodie had what he dubbed "apple juice ice cream" which he was actually very excited about eating. Good thing too, because we could whip that up again tomorrow night for snack.

I guess the point of this post is to say I'll be back blogging with some regularity. Hopefully my posts will be a little bit more focused than this on is :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I just LOVED that your mom would always praise Jill and I for our clean dorm room...and then look at yours and Carrie's and shake her head in disgust!!! :) Hee-hee! But what I really wanted to tell her was that I preferred a "lived in" dorm room like yours...but Jill would never have such a thing!! Ha! :)
Karin