Friday, May 8, 2009

Maturing

Bodie has been such a joy to be with lately. I think it seems odd to say that about your child but it has been great. The highlights:



1. Potty training. Going fantastically! On Sunday I "tricked" Bodie when we went swimming at the Y. I didn't bring a diaper for him to put on afterwards, just underwear. He went 2 times on Sunday and didn't have any accidents. He did go A LOT in his diaper at nap and overnight but I felt we (he) was successful enough to wear underwear to school on Monday. When I picked him up that evening he was still wearing the same shorts as in the morning. I assumed he'd just begged them for a diaper, but no, he didn't have any accidents. So since Sunday he has had 1 poo accident on Tuesday and a pee accident today because they left him in underwear for nap. Evidently he stayed dry yesterday during nap so they took the chance today. He also stayed dry last night but we didn't take that same chance tonight. He has yet to poo in the toilet but hopefully that will come.



2. Haircut. Haircuts have been a torturous even for Bodie since his first one almost 2 years ago. A few weeks ago we gave him one and it was great. He voluntarily got in his chair, we didn't have to restrain him, he didn't cry or scream at all.



3. Shower. Bodie has always been afraid of the shower but lately that is all he wants to do. It is nice but also not nice because he showers with me. I would enjoy my few minutes of alone time in the shower but I guess if it keeps him happy I'll let him join me.



He has also been saying some funny things. Last weekend I was giving Barrett some little bits of hamburger and he told me Barrett cannot eat hamburger, he is too little. Also last weekend I was getting the ladder down to change some outdoor light bulbs and he told me I think that is daddy's ladder, I think. Of course since he is potty training he likes talking about the poopy being in his butt and he might have also said shit the other night (another swear word that I'm completely responsible for).



Finally, last weekend I took him shopping to pick out a new pair of sunglasses and whatever underwear he wanted. Before we went shopping he told me he wanted white underwear. I figured that would change once he saw all the choices but it didn't. He picked out whitey tighties. I'm not sure what his excitement with those are (not what his daddy wears) but I'll take it. He also didn't want any character sunglasses, he picked out plain black ones.

No comments: