Monday, April 21, 2008

Come and knock on my door

Last weekend I made myself a cleaning schedule because I was tired of getting stuck with all the housework and laundry every weekend. I figured if I could manage to stick to a written schedule of what to do when, with chores spread over the week, things would be much more manageable. So tonight when my parents dropped by unexpectedly I was more than happy to invite them in. For once my house was not embarrassingly messy or cluttered. Things aren't perfect but if you drop by unannounced I will be happy to invite you in. I don't think I am doing the pregnancy "nesting" yet (something I always wanted to - but never did - experience with Bodie). I think I am just figuring out the best way for me to juggle mommyhood, working full-time, and managing a house. One unfortunate effect of all this is I have gotten stuck with the dishes, which was Curt's one household chore (not that he doesn't do anything else, but that was the one thing I knew he'd do). I have no motivation to do housework with dishes piled around and Curt would consistently do them every few nights, and not empty the dishwasher right away, etc., so I now do them each night after dinner and it seriously takes less than 5 minutes. Hopefully I will keep up the new schedule and keep enjoying a pretty clean home.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I need to do that too. Maybe I'll copy you.