Monday, April 28, 2008

We're going on a trip...to see God

That is what Curt told Bodie yesterday as we were getting ready to go to Church. I thought it was kind of funny, but it didn't really get Bodie any more excited for Church. One funny thing did happen while we were at Mass. During the Sign of Peace (usually handshakes) I shook Bodie's hand, then the hands of the couple behind us. Bodie refused to shake Curt's hand, but then decided to give him a fist bump. Maybe that will be the Sign of Peace for his generation. The couple behind us found it pretty amusing, as did Curt and I.

We had a nice weekend, getting outside as much as we could. I found a slide at a garage sale, and thought it would be a great outside toy for Bodie. Curt and I have been throwing around the idea of getting a playset for our yard, but are a bit hesitant given the price of those things. The slide is a good start though, as that is his favorite thing to do when we go to the park.



Today I was surfing around babycenter.com and came across this developmental chart for 19-24 month olds. I noticed for 21 month olds it says they should be walking up and down the stairs. I don't know if they mean walking like I would walk, or crawling, but when I first read it I took it as walking walking. I am very touchy when it comes to Bodie and the steps. If he even looks like he might try to take a step down them, I ask him to either sit or turn around. Maybe because I've watched him tumble down the stairs one too many times for my liking. Well tonight I was doing the dishes after dinner while Curt and Bodie were "playing football" (Curt taught Bodie to stand on the landing of the stairs and throw the football up and down the stairs). All of a sudden Curt said that Bodie was walking down the stairs. It is probably good that it was Curt there to see this happen, as I probably would have stopped Bodie after one step (he did make it down without a single stumble). Curt is much more likely to let Bodie try new things than I am. Maybe I'm just not ready for my little boy to grow up yet.

No comments: