Tuesday, September 16, 2008

But does it have a TV?

I go back to work on Thursday. I have really enjoyed my time off with Barrett, but it will be nice to start finding our routine. The one (well not the only one) part of my return I am not looking forward to is the time I'll have to spend with my pump. After I had Bodie I became well acquainted with my pump, too well. I only pumped, never really breastfed him at all. I think that is why I've been so reluctant to use my pump this time. I pumped enough early on that I probably have a couple days worth of milk stashed in the freezer, and then enough lately so that he's had a bottle each week to practice on (and he does pretty well with it, thankfully). My return from work will mean a return to a little room where I get a couple of breaks from work each day to take care of business. With Bodie that room was in the basement. I really don't think anyone else used it as when I first went down there there were power cords in the doorway so I couldn't even completely latch the door shut. Then there were bugs crawling on the floor. Not exactly a nice, relaxing environment. In the week before my maternity leave I was back in that room - it had been turned into a pretty nice conference room. At least I knew I wouldn't be back in the dungeon when I returned but I didn't know where I'd end up. Thankfully today my boss gave me the scoop. They evidently now have a pretty nice room with a microwave, fridge and bathroom. A little sign on the door that says open or occupied. And a key for that door which completely closes and evidently locks too!

No comments: