Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where'd he learn that

I admit that we are not the best about letting Bodie do things on his own. A lot of times it is just easier to do things for him. This morning we learned that Bodie is capable of getting himself dressed. In the past, we've seen him fumble around and manage to get his pants off. Sometimes even his shirt. I do have to say that I was pretty impressed with his skills this morning. He had a fit because Curt had picked out a shirt that he didn't want to wear. Curt sent him back upstairs to pick a new shirt out. I had gone up to pick out Barrett's clothes and Bodie quickly picked out a shirt from his drawer. He then tried to put it on but then told me "I need take pajamas off first". So he did. He even took his socks off (not a big deal in itself) and I told him that he could leave his socks off because Daddy had new socks for him downstairs. He of course didn't listen and then put his socks back on. I really didn't think he could put socks on by himself. Then he put his shirt on, and realized it was inside out, took it off and put it back on. I really think he could get himself completely dress if he wanted too. He didn't put his pants on because he still needed to get his diaper changed, but hopefully we'll see him do that soon.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

It is amazing how they pick stuff up. I am bad about letting Matthew do for himself too...