Friday, December 14, 2007

Independent baby

I have got an independent baby on my hands. Yikes! In the mornings we get dressed, he walks into the bathroom, gets up on his stool, grabs his toothbrush and brushes his teeth. I have to prepare the toothbrush before I get him dressed because he will not brush if he sees you put the toothpaste on it. I think this is because I bought some toothpaste he didn't care for and he is afraid that we are still using it. Anyway, after he brushes his teeth he walks over to the stairs, sits down and goes down the stairs on his own. He definitely does not want mama picking him up and carrying him down anymore. My little guy is growing up. This morning we had a fight just to put his coat on. I'm not really sure where this came from since normally he loves to get his coat on, since that means he gets to go somewhere. Pretty much every morning this week has been a meltdown at daycare. He refuses to walk in the door to his classroom on his own. So I have to carry him in. Normally I'd take his coat off and he'd walk right over to the table for breakfast but all week he has sat down and clung to my legs. Then I pick him up and he buries his head in my shoulder. He really knows how to lay a guilt trip on his mama. Each morning his teacher takes him from me and by the time I get to my car I see him inside at the table eating. It does make me feel guilty for leaving him but I hope it is a short phase we will be over soon.

No comments: