Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Growing up we had some definite family traditions. When my brother and I were younger, Santa always came while we were at Christmas Eve mass (via our very kind neighbors). I have to admit that was pretty smart of my parents, we had no reason to suspect that they were behind Santa. As we got older we still went to mass on Christmas Eve and then always stopped at Godfather's to pick up pizza for dinner. After dinner was gifts and then I suppose the rest of the night and Christmas day was spent playing with all our new goodies. I hope we stumble into some good traditions to start with our "new" family. This year was Christmas Eve with my parents. We haven't done Christmas Eve mass since kids came into the picture. It is tough enough getting through regular mass with Bodie (Catholic weddings are impossible) I don't want to tackle Christmas Eve or Easter Vigil mass for some time. We did go to mass Christmas morning - Bodie was not on his best behavior, he must have know there were some great gifts waiting for him at home. We came home, had a little something to eat and then tackled the gifts. Bodie seems to enjoy his new basketball hoop and mega blocks.




Hopefully as time goes on we will stumble into some special traditions, things that become more memorable than any gift you receive.

No comments: