Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lesson Learned

Well it seems that Bodie has finally learned one lesson (we are keeping our fingers crossed anyway). For the past week or two he has been giving us some attitude at bedtime. He does really good through our routine until it is actually time for bed. After I put him in his sleep sack, I pick him up to give him a hug and kiss and he just buries his head in my shoulder (much like he does at daycare). Once we put him back down in his crib he usually stands up and cries. Usually lasts no more than 5 minutes, but it has been a definite change from the smooth path we had to bed time previously. Well I think the events of Friday night might have put us back on the smooth path, good baby scenario we used to have. Friday we went through our routine of pj's, snack, brush teeth...all went fine...then it was story time. We sat down in the rocking chair, I picked up a book, and he wiggled down, off my lap. Well, I am the mean parent who doesn't play games so I put him in his crib and put his sleep sack on. I told him he had one more chance for stories and we sat back down in the rocking chair. I picked up one of his favorite books, Moo Baa La La La, and he pushed it right out of my hands. So, back in the crib he went, with no stories. Well for the last two nights he has been very good at bed time. He really hasn't made a peep either night. Maybe this trend will continue tomorrow when we go back to school.

No comments: