Monday, January 14, 2008

Such a big boy

Last week Bodie had his 18 month doctor visit. I was hoping we'd be more successful than his 15 month visit, when he did nothing but cry the entire appointment. No luck...As soon as the nurse called his name in the waiting room he started crying, and never stopped until it was over. He did do some cute things during the appointment though (well cute to me anyway). The doctor started talking about his crackers (in a general way to Curt and I) and all of a sudden Bodie took a break from his sobs to put them in his mouth. I think he was afraid the doctor might take them from him. Also the doctor kept asking Bodie if he wanted to touch the instruments he was going to use during the exam and Bodie just kept shaking his head no. Right now I think it is (usually) funny when Bodie shakes his head at us. I'm sure as he gets more of an attitude I won't think it is quite as cute. Bodie tipped the scales at around 27 lbs. Since he was so upset he wouldn't sit on the scale so the nurse weighed herself and herself holding Bodie. This also happened at his 15 month visit and he ended up weighing 1 lb more at a visit we made a few weeks later. So maybe he is really up to 28 now? Hopefully Bodie stays healthy and we won't have to visit for a little while and find out. He is 34 3/4 inches tall which puts him at the 97th percentile. He must get this from Curt's side of the family as my family really isn't that tall. I don't remember the numbers on his head circumfrance except that he has been holding steady at 70th percentile for awhile on that one. It is kind of funny to me too because when you look at him it looks like he has a big head. It is more big length wise (oval) than around though.

No comments: