Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fresh Veggies

Someday I really want to have my own garden. It really isn't feasible or necessary right now though. We have 2 dogs that, I'm sure, would help themselves to anything we decided to grow. My parents have a nice large garden though (hence it not being necessary for us to have one). Every summer they are generous enough to share a lot of their fresh veggies with us. Over the weekend we got our first crop of green beans and peas. I've wasted my share of fresh veggies over the years and I am going to try my hardest not to do that this year. So tonight I set out to just snap the green beans but ended up doing about half the peas as well. Bodie helped snap the beans and then took the peas out of the pod for me. Hopefully he'll be just as excited to help me finish up the peas tomorrow.

No comments: