Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

We had a great Father's day. We spent the morning at a local state park with my parents and my brother and his family.

Here are the boys on the drive to the park. I love how they keep each other entertained, at least until Barrett fell asleep shortly after this shot.

Barrett wasn't very excited when we got to the park. He was still a little tired and I don't think he enjoyed his flowery hat much (it was the only one I could find that fit his head).

Barrett perked up a little on the swings. This is the first time he seemed to enjoy being in the swing.

Bodie on the balance beam.

Hanging from whatever-this-is-called. His cousin climbed up this but Bodie is too cautious to do that. And this mama is ok with that!
Bodie on the paddle boats. By this time the sun had come out and it was starting to get hot but that didn't damper our spirits. After the boats we headed back to the park area to eat a picnic lunch. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate a picnic but I think I need to find the picnic set we received as a wedding gift so we can go on more, it was a lot of fun.


Bodie also got to take his first pony ride but we didn't get a picture of that. I was feeding Barrett at the time but "people" couldn't wait for me to finish before they went. I know my mom got some shots so hopefully they turn out, since she can be a bit camera challenged.

No comments: