Monday, June 15, 2009

Real words

I think I'll write a post with real words and everything. I've been meaning to post for awhile but just put it off and off and then off a little more. A little update on us...

Me and Curt - Well not too much with us. How exciting of a life can you have when you don't have time for a life :). One fun thing for me...I hit the driving range with a couple girlfriends yesterday and it was fu-un. We are planning a return trip in 2 weeks. I actually hit the ball up in the air and everything. Usually I go and skim the ball across the ground. It is nice to get a little leverage under it.

Bodie - Potty training and almost 3. Glad we are surviving both of these events. The potty training has actually been a non event. I completely credit his daycare for potty training him. We did tackle nights this weekend (no choice since we ran out of pull ups and I didn't want to buy any more). He had an accident Friday night but woke up dry Sunday morning and got up at 4:30 this morning to go. So hopefully that is as bad as it gets.

Turning 3 seems to be a little more challenging. He definitely seems to be all boy. He likes to ride his trike fast, fascinated with planes and trains, and needs to do things his way! He has bad dreams (he tells us he has a dream in his ear and asks us to take it outside). I'm not sure if he is really having dreams or just says that because I asked him once if he did and then Curt told him once he'd take the dream outside. It has become a nightly ritual to take the dream out of his ear before we leave his room for the night (and if he wakes up during the night as he just did while I was writing this).

Barrett - Our little guy who may or may not have been on the verge of baby physical therapy at 9 months is a crawling and a cruising. He is all over and into everything. Curt thinks he'll be walking by the end of the month, but I would really be surprised. I remember thinking Bodie was going to be walking for the longest time before he ever did. You never know though, he might surprise us. He also loves to eat and really does great feeding himself and drinking out of a sippy. Hopefully this will ease our transition away from the breast and bottle in the not so distant future. He babbles, loves his dogs and watching his big brother. They truly seem to be great friends and I hope that continues as they get older.

No comments: