Thursday, August 27, 2009

I just want to wear my clothes!

The one thing I was never prepared for after having kids is the huge change that would happen in my body. I mean, obviously I knew I'd be big when I was pregnant but after the baby comes out and the weight is gone, my body is oh so different. Actually it is really just my abdominal area. I seriously still look pregnant. Pants don't fit me right at all. One size is too big, the next size is snug. I've been running but not as disciplined as I should be with my eating. I'll count calories for a few days and then not for a few days. At the weight I currently am (which is less than when I got pregnant with Barrett) I'd think all of my clothes should fit with no problems. It is so frustrating. I know you can't "spot reduce" to target specific body areas but I keep hoping that if I stick to running and keep my eating in control my belly will simmer down.

I've decided to train for the Governors Cup 15K in October. So far my longest run has been 7 miles, so I'm sure I can do 2 more to complete that race. I have good endurance, just not much speed. Last night my run was to do 6 miles - 1 warm up, 4 tempo, and 1 cool down. It went well except that a train was blocking the road around mile 4.5, which made me turn around and I ended up going 7.16 miles total (of which I walked the last .9). I also had to run along a somewhat busy road where there was no sidewalk. Always makes me a little nervous but thankfully no one ran me over.

Curt starts refereeing tonight and I had hoped we'd have our treadmill fixed by now so that I could switch my runs to the morning. He called yesterday and found out it will cost $300 for a new motor plus $100 for installation. Or we could buy the same treadmill we currently own (very nice model) "slightly used" for $499. I don't know what we are going to do. That is a lot of money to repair but I also don't want to buy a "new" one. We do belong to the gym but honestly I find it a hassle going there to run. I know with the weather turning and Curt being away from home more, I will need an indoor option soon.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Wowzers! I think you can call yourself a runner! You're inspiring me, even if it's frustrating for you. I see others get their bodies/shapes back...I think there has to be a way but I have yet to get the answer of how. I know deep down it's diet + exercise but like you, I'd like to target certain places.