Saturday, November 10, 2007

Anything to keep them happy...

I'll admit, sometimes this is the motto with my son. Although I want to set boundaries for him, sometimes I just let him get away with things I know I shouldn't. Tonight Curt was out with a friend, and while I was trying to get dinner ready, Bodie was in the bathroom playing with the trash. I should mention this trash is nothing more than the empty toilet paper rolls (otherwise I would have stopped him). I really shouldn't let him think it is okay to play around in the trash, but it was keeping him occupied while I finished up dinner. I figured it was better than having a crying baby wrapped around my leg. I know we really do give him some mixed signals on our boundaries. Half the time when he climbs on the coffee table we get him down right away, other times we let him sit on there (I will say we never let him stand on it). Part of me figures eventually he'll get bored with these "freedoms" and quit on his own. This has already happened with pulling out videos and books off the bookshelf. The novelty is bound to wear off at some point, right? If not, we'll just have that crazy kid obsessed with toilet paper rolls :)

No comments: