Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baby talk...

Yesterday Bodie was doing such funny stuff. I hope other kids do equally odd things and I don't have that strange kid. I was getting ready to pack his things because he was staying the night with his grandparents. I had his sleep sack out on the floor and he kept putting it over his head and then walking around. He'd run straight into things because he couldn't see where he was going. I just kept laughing and he kept doing it. He really likes doing things to make us laugh. Another funny thing he does is to climb on Curt's back with the sole intention of falling off. It is the same every time. Curt lays on the floor, Bodie crawls on his back, Curt gets on all fours, Bodie goes over Curt's shoulders right on the floor. Now that we've learned the pattern, Curt catches him most every time. Again, we just laugh at him and he keeps on entertaining. His teachers at school have told me they think he'll be a comedian because he just clowns around so much.

Also yesterday we had our first experience with time out. I finally decided I couldn't keep letting him on the coffee table, and after several no's, it was up to his room and in the crib for 1 minute. He was very upset and when we went back downstairs he didn't try to get up on the coffee table again (until today, when we experienced our 2nd time out). He does know what he is doing is wrong. He looks over to you with a sly smile on his face and then does exactly what he knows he shouldn't. Can't wait for those terrible twos to show up :).

No comments: