Saturday, November 3, 2007

My baby had a rough day...

Gosh, today was tough on my little guy. I should have known, when he woke up a little early. All week we've been keeping him up a little later to help with the transition to the time change. So last night he went to bed at 8 and, theoretically, should have slept until 8 this morning. Instead he was up at 7, not too bad but should have been my first clue. Or, maybe the problem was when he woke up I thought I'd let him stay in his pjs, but he hates his pjs. Maybe that contributed to his crankiness too. Anyway, the morning seemed off to a fine start until, while I was making lunch, he broke down in hysterics in the kitchen. Figuring he was just hungry, I offered him his peas that were ready. He didn't want any part of those. And when his pizza was ready, he couldn't care less. We figured he must have just been really tired so we took him up to bed and he just screamed. We really haven't had this nap time drama in several months. It made me afraid he is getting another ear infection and it hurts for him to lay down. He did settle down though and napped for maybe 1 hour...yikes! But he was happy enough when he got up and we played outside for a while. The crankies came back though so we put him down for a second nap (before which I gave him some Motrin in case it is his ears keeping him from sleeping). He went down for a good 2 hours, which was great for all of us.

I'm realizing this is already a long story and I'm just getting to the good parts... After dinner Bodie kept climbing up the stairs (my fault for taking down the gate and not putting it back up). Let me back up to say that several weeks ago Curt and Bodie were on the stairs together and, for whatever reason, Curt taught him to go down the stairs by sliding forward on his behind. Every time I see Bodie doing this I cringe because it really looks like an accident waiting to happen. But since Daddy taught him this, he insists on going down stairs like this now, even though he knows the more correct way to climb down them. Well tonight it finally happened, he tumbled down. Now thankfully, it was only about 4 steps as Curt was sitting at the bottom and caught him. Bodie hardly cried, I think he was just startled more than hurt.

Bodie continued playing and just had a great night. At the same time I was working on the laundry and had brought his collapsible hamper down from Bodie's room. I'd emptied the contents into the washer and Bodie played around with the hamper, somehow getting it over his head, but he was also sitting on it at the same time and it started collapsing sort of around him. He screamed like someone was literally trying to eat him alive. When I heard the scream I had no idea what could have been happening but he must have just been a little scared. I pulled the hamper off him and he was good to go again. Now, if he will just make it to at least 7am tomorrow morning...

No comments: