Sunday, November 4, 2007

My First Menu Plan Monday


Woohoo! So excited to do this... I usually grocery shop on Saturday morning so I plan my week Saturday - Friday. Here we go. My side dishes are usually on the fly, so I probably won't share unless I know in advance...

Saturday - Pork chops on the grill
Sunday - Chicken calzones (chicken, green onion, green pepper, cheese)
Monday - Sausage and broccoli skillet
Tuesday -
Slow cooker Turkey Breast
Wednesday -
Chicken Pesto Paninis (made with leftover turkey) and sweet potato chips
Thursday -
Black bean and rice casserole
Friday - Roast in slow cooker with mashed potatoes

Sweet Potato Chips (from Simple and Delicious)
2 med sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Oil for frying

Cut potatoes into thin slices, soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine spices, set aside.
In electric skillet or deep fryer heat oil to 375. Fry potatoes in batches, 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasonings and serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments: