Monday, February 11, 2008

Baby updates

Since there aren't many other things to do at 4:30 in the morning when suffering from pregnancy induced insomnia, I thought I'd write a little update on the babies.



First, I had my 2nd OB visit this week. It was a little annoying because the doctor's office closed the day before my appointment due to bad weather so they were trying to fit in extra appointments that day, and I didn't see the doctor until an hour after my scheduled time. This must have made my pretty relaxed as my blood pressure was fairly low (90 something/58). Anyway, I was able to hear the heartbeat, although I didn't ask the doctor what it was. I knew if I knew the rate I would go back and compare to Bodie and try to guess if it must be a boy or a girl. We could also pick up the sounds of it moving around, which is amazing to me. To think this little baby that weighs only about an ounce can make such movements that can be heard is a little miracle. So far I have had 3 dreams that it is a boy and Curt has also had 1 dream that it is a boy (he also dreamed I was pregnant the month before I found out I was, so he has some abilities going on here). But I also dreamed my mom had a baby with a foot and hand growing out of its scalp, so my dreams are apparently not very accurate.



Bodie has been doing great. He started making his own 2 word sentences (before he'd say things like "all done" and "bye-bye Deuce" but those were things we'd say a lot so I didn't count them). He saw Curt's shoes laying on the floor, picked one up, and said "da da's shoes". Ahhh, my heart melted. He also started waving to me and saying "bye-bye Mama" as Curt carries him upstairs to bed. It is pretty cute. Overall, he's been just a happy kid lately, which makes life easier for all of us.




No comments: