Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good Times

We had a pretty nice weekend at our house - just a few bits about what has been going on.

Saturday
I got out and did a little shopping. I was on a mission to find a new bathing suit since Bodie and I start swimming lessons this coming Saturday. I had ordered one from Old Navy but when it arrived last week, it was very apparent that it wouldn't work for me. I need a built in bra, and this only had "foam cups that provide support". I was afraid all maternity swimsuits would be like this so I tried some plus size suits at Target (our Targets don't carry maternity swimwear). The 2 I tried on at Target were horrible, I could hardly breathe in them, and if I managed to find one that actually fit, it definitely wouldn't last my entire pregnancy. I decided to try Motherhood at the mall and found this one. Definitely not something I'd normally wear but it will do the job for this summer.

Also on Saturday, Curt decided to be handy and replace our leaky ice maker. I'm embarrassed to say how long it as been leaking for (so long that I can't remember exactly how long) but it has definitely been getting worse. After some research, Curt found it wouldn't be hard to replace on his own, so I picked up a new one while I was out shopping and it really took almost no time for him to install it. I'm glad he did it himself instead of paying a repairman a ridiculous amount of money to come out and do that for us. It also gave us a good excuse to clean out the freezer and vacuum and mop under the fridge. This is definitely something we need to do more often.

Sunday
What a beautiful day. Well it started off a little slow because Curt and I both woke up with head colds. I actually sent him back to bed because it is a little annoying when he is laying on the floor like he is playing with Bodie, but instead is sleeping. So Bodie and I cuddled up and watched some of his "Melmo" (Elmo) video. He is on the go a lot of the time so it was nice to get in some cuddle time, even if it was only about 5 minutes. After his nap, he and Curt went out to do some "man things" (fill up our propane tank so we could grill some steaks for dinner) and then they went to the park. Curt said as they were leaving the park and walking back to his truck, Bodie turned around and waved and said bye-bye to the park. Then he must have decided he really didn't want to say bye, so he turned around and ran back to the playground. Curt said once he caught him Bodie showed he was really upset to leave. But when they got home Bodie got to play in the sandbox and run around the backyard so all wasn't lost. All that activity helped him work up a huge appetite. He wouldn't touch his steak, but he ate an entire baked potato, and some carrots. That was after a couple snacks while he was waiting for dinner. Also he slept fabulously Sunday night. We can't wait for the weather to be nice for good.

A few baby brags... Over the weekend Bodie started saying papapple (pineapple). He has a lot of new words, but this one has to be the cutest. He has also started taking an interest in watching "baball" (basketball) and tries to be Shaq by tipping over his hoop. We need to get some sand or water in the base so he can't bring it down anymore. Finally, last night Curt was wrestling around with our Beagle, Tahj, and ended up laying on his back sort of bear hugging Tahj on his chest. Bodie heard Tahj growling and thought it was the funniest thing. Then after Tahj was gone, Bodie laid himself on Curt's chest and started making growling sounds. It was pretty funny to watch.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

That all sounds like lots of fun. Well, except the head colds! Hope y'all are feeling better! It sounds like Bodie is really growing up and is so much fun!