Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy

Those are the words of a song Bodie learned at daycare that he is always walking around singing and fits Barrett's doctor appointment today. At Barrett's 3 week doctor visit today he has grown 2 inches (now 22 inches, 75th percentile). He weighs 8 lb 15.5 oz (naked - we paid attention this time). The pediatrician wanted him to be 9 ounces above birth weight and Barrett was 11.5, which is great!. His weight is only in the 45th percentile. It is definitely a change from Bodie who was always in the 90s for height and weight during his first year. His head is also only in the 40th percentile. I knew his head was little but I didn't think it was that small. Hopefully he won't look like he has a disproportionately small head as he gets bigger. So I think I'm done worrying about weight gain. Obviously we are doing somethings right in that area. Our next adventure will be to introduce a bottle, hopefully this weekend. I just need to find some time to pump but Barrett is so erratic in his eating I am afraid if I pump he will want to eat again soon after that. He usually sleeps well in the morning so I guess I need to stop being lazy and pump first thing. It is just hard to get out of bed to get that done :)

No comments: