Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh Bodie

I don't know if it is because Barrett is such a little guy, but all of a sudden Bodie just seems so much older and grown up to me. He is talking so much and wanting to do so much on his own. He can now open our patio door. I tried putting a stop to it by locking the door but the little smarty pants simply unlocks and opens it himself. It is nice because he will stand there and let the dogs in and out, but I am afraid he is going to open and walk out there with out us knowing. This wouldn't be such a big deal but our deck is fairly high up (we have a walk out lot) and I am still afraid of him going up and down the deck stairs on his own.

Since Curt has been taking him to school the past 2 weeks, Bodie has gotten very excited about being in his new room. When I was taking him, I'd have to carry him in there and hand him off to his teacher. Now Curt tells me Bodie just goes running down the hall and the teacher has to ask Bodie to say good-bye. I'm afraid when Barrett and I start taking him next week he will regress back to his old ways.

Bodie has also become obsessed with ice cream. We had some root beer float bars from the Schwan's man in our garage deep freezer and every time we stepped into the garage, Bodie would open the freezer door and exclaim "i scheam, i scheam". Once those bars were gone we tried giving him some sugar free popsicles instead, which seems to have put the kibosh on his ice cream cries. Last night I was craving some real ice cream though so I told Bodie to be good and he'd get a special treat, which he immediately knew would be "i scheam".

Some random funny things:

When watching the Olympic swimming events, Bodie exclaims "oh oh" and "fish fish" (oh = water and fish = swimmers, who I guess do somewhat resemble fish).

He'll say "bite mama oh" when he wants a drink of my water. I get the bite for drink part but not why he insists on calling water "oh" (and he calls milk "no").

The other morning he found a pacifier in the corner of Barrett's crib. He grabbed it and immediately put it in his mouth. The kid hasn't had a pacifier since he was 6 months old! I explained to him it was for babies only and he didn't need it since he was a big boy. Thankfully he hasn't tried that since.

On Saturday my family was over to have dinner with us. My mom and sister in law took my niece to the bathroom so of course Bodie had to join them. He stood in front of the toilet and "grabbed himself" trying to use the toilet like daddy would (fully clothed, of course). He has such an interest in using the toilet, he just hasn't actually gone yet. His teacher told me this happens a lot and all of a sudden one time he'll just surprise himself and go. Until that happens we are not going to push potty training at home, even though he insists on "no more di di" each morning when he is getting dressed.

1 comment:

LutheranHusker said...

Very cute! As far as Bodie referring to water as "oh," maybe you've got a bilingual kid on your hands...the French word for water is "eau" (but pronounced "oh"). He's a genius, and you're just going to have to learn how to accept it! =)