Saturday, August 9, 2008

Medical Drama

Sunday morning my mom called me at the hospital to let me know that during the night one of our dogs had gotten sick. Since the dogs had been at Grandma's I figured they'd probably just had too much to eat or helped themselves to something they shouldn't have. I told Curt about it but really didn't worry too much. Monday morning Curt woke up to find a big mess in our house. It was pretty apparent that both dogs were sick, Deuce with vomiting and Tahj appeared to be a bit backed up and was possible having some related bleeding. So I called the vet and Curt took them in. The vet ended up keeping Deuce all day for tests and observation, as well as giving him IV fluids. In the end the only thing they found on Deuce was an elevated white blood count. We took in a stool sample of Tahj's where an elevated bacteria count was found. Both dogs are on antibiotics and seemingly cured. Curt has joked that was the beginning of Tahj's weight loss regimen (he weighed 45lbs at our vet visit last Wednesday!).

Our other drama happened on Wednesday (I think - all my days are running together). Curt and I were going to run to Super Target so he had to bring in Deuce's dog kennel so he could be crated while we were gone. As he was walking across the living room he stepped on Bodie's John Deere loader and sliced the side of his toe open. I had a look at it and it was pretty deep so he put a call in to his doctor's office and got an appointment a few hours later. He ended up needing 3 stitches in it, but thankfully it doesn't hurt him and he really can't tell anything is wrong with it.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

I'm glad your furbabies are ok! Curt's toe injury sounds painful - I'm glad it's not bothering him much.