Friday, March 14, 2008

Crappy wife Part II

So not only was Curt really sick, but he had an appendicitis. He had surgery this afternoon to get the little bugger removed. They were able to do it laparoscopicly which should speed his recovery time. If he is doing really well tomorrow (drinking, no fever, moving well - physically and his, um, insides) he'll get to come home tomorrow night. If not tomorrow than Sunday for sure. He had 2 co-workers come up and visit him all ready. They pointed out it was really convenient for all this to happen now since March Madness is right around the corner. Curt reminded them he already had vacation planned for next Thursday and Friday - part of his annual Tourney routine. Also he won't get to do anything fun for St Patty's Day or his birthday next weekend. He'll be off work the next 7-10 days recovering. I'm not quite sure how to balance the whole being a mom while your husband is in the hospital thing. I guess for now Curt and I have agreed that Bodie and I will come up for a visit in the morning and then go on to our swimming lessons, home for lunch and nap, and then back to the hospital for another visit. I feel bad leaving Curt alone so much but I'm sure he'll want to get plenty of rest. If he decides he really wants me there more I can always have my parents watch Bodie again (they were able to pick him up and keep him this evening until I left Curt for the night).

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Wow Becky - I hope he is recovering ok and that you are doing ok too. Don't forget while running around taking care of him & Bodie to take care of yourself and the baby too! (((hugs)))