Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday

My little guy turned 2 last week. Curt and I took the day off from work and took Bodie up to the Henry Doorly Zoo. Bodie had a great time, and was very well behaved for getting so far off of his schedule. I can't believe he actually petted the animals. At the Lincoln Zoo the petting animals are behind a fence and Bodie won't get near them. I think he must have wanted to do it because Curt was and encouraging Bodie to do the same.

Bodie was not at all fond of this peacock though. We sat down to give Bodie a snack and Curt purposely fed the peacock a cracker and then the thing wouldn't leave. Bodie was not impressed at all and was sure to keep the rest of his crackers close at hand so the bird might leave him alone.

We had a small birthday party for Bodie this past weekend and Bodie received a new tricycle from his Grandma and Grandpa. It was definitely the hit of the party.

Bodie loves riding his new bike, although I had to declare it and "outside toy" because Bodie already has a riding toy in the house and, well, trikes are more suited for outdoors, in my opinion. He also kept riding over Deuce's paws and legs, which Deuce would never move and never seemed bothered by (although I was bothered watching it happen).

With his turning 2, he has moved into the 2s room at daycare. This has not gone well at all. Monday was the first day I dropped him off in the new room, or I should say attempted to drop him off. I had let him walk down the hall to his room and when we got to his old room he was set on going in there, eventually melting down and crying on the floor. His new teacher told me to go ahead and drop him off in the old room and they would move him after breakfast. This morning we tried again, but this time I carried Bodie down the hall and into his new room, when he immediately started crying. The teacher from the 3s room kept peaking over the half door at Bodie, which finally got a smile out of him. I handed him off to his teacher and he started crying again. As I was walking out of the door I heard him cry "maaa maaaa" and it just melted my heart. They assured me that when they bring him to the 2s room he is completely fine after a few minutes and seems to enjoy being in there. I've know with our past room moves it takes a few days for Bodie to adjust, but hopefully he will love it as much as he loved his old room.

1 comment:

Kaci said...

Happy Birthday Bodie! I hope the room transition gets easier fast. I know it's hard to walk away when they're calling..