Saturday, June 28, 2008

Successful nap

Bodie and I had a great morning together while Curt was at his golf tournament. We went to the park and then to the zoo, where we got to ride the "choo choo". Must be a special day at the zoo since the train went around 3 times instead of the normal 2 (mommy could have done without the 3rd trip but Bodie loves it so it was fine). We stopped at the store, made lunch and then it was the dreaded nap time. Bodie seemed pretty worn out from our morning so I had high hopes he'd go down easily. First he wanted to brush his teeth, which ended up in him just messing around in the bathroom so off to bed he went (without brushing), where he was still having a fit about not getting to brush his teeth. So we went back to the bathroom, he brushed, he went right back in his room, but he did not want to get in the bed. So I left him in there for several minutes, went back in and he was sitting on the bed holding his blankets for me to cover him up. He handed me his blankets, laid right down and I covered him up and left. Ahhh success!! Unfortunately I had hoped he would be starting his nap around noon since he, Curt and my dad are going to look at tractors this afternoon around 3 and he actually didn't get down until 1:15. Hopefully today will be an hour and a half kind of nap day as opposed to the almost 3 hour one he took at school yesterday - we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: