Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A successful night in bed (G-rated)

On Saturday we got Bodie his new twin bed. We were excited to try out the bed on Saturday night but it just didn't happen. It was Curt and mine's anniversary, and we planned an early date so that we would be home in time to put Bodie down in his new bed. Bodie spent the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa and went to Papillion for Uncle Jason's 30th birthday party. Due to some bad weather Bodie did not get home until almost 10 pm, waaaaay past his bed time. When he walked in our house with a totally glazed over look on his face we knew there was not even going to be an attempt on the bed that night. Due to going to bed so late, Bodie slept in until close to 10 Sunday morning and skipped his nap that afternoon (he rested in the crib but never went to sleep). Sunday night we tried the bed again. I took Bodie up to bed, laid down with him, and tried to get him used to the bed and want to sleep in it. Every time I got up or tried to leave he would stand up on the bed and scream and cry. I was pretty tired that night, as was Bodie from having missed a nap that afternoon. So after 20 minutes I put him in his crib for the night. Last night was daddy's turn to put him to bed and after about 15 minutes with Bodie, Curt left the room and left Bodie to sleep. He wailed for about a minute and then was quiet. I checked on him about 30 minutes later and he lifted his head and said hi to me. I darted out of his room pretty quickly, and Bodie didn't seem disturbed at all. I woke around 1 am and checked on him again - he was laying across the top of the bed, sans blankets. And at 6 am Curt checked and found him laying backwards, with his feet at the head of the bed. When I went to get Bodie ready for school at 7:45 this morning I found this:

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

so glad to hear that the transition is going well!

and I LOVE the post title! LOL