Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bad weather, late nights, very cranky mama

We had a lot of severe weather in our area last night. I was up until after 11 (late for me) watching the news and listening to the radio, until I was certain we were in the clear and I could safely go to bed. Although we were in a tornado warning, we didn't take shelter. Curt and Bodie were already in bed so I kept my eyes and ears open so I could go get them if need be. Thankfully the worse of it went north of us and, even though the sirens were sounding, we didn't even get enough rain at that time to wet the ground. My dad's hometown of Ulysses was hit by a tornado but thankfully my aunt and uncle that have a farm there did not suffer damage (although the pivots on either side of them were destroyed).

So I hit the bed shortly after 11, only to get awoken at 3 by the loudest rain I'd heard in a long time. This morning on my way to work I saw a lot of flooding. The "commons area" (drainage ditch) behind our house is flooded, a local creek is very high and appeared to have flooded a bike path that runs along it in one area. We are forecast to get more rain and severe weather tonight, hopefully we will be lucky to not have the damage they are having in some parts of the area.

My lack of sleep last night has put me in a horrible mood today. First Curt was being a little loud outside of Bodie's room and he woke up shortly after 7. So, of course, I am the one that has to deal with him. He was being very whiny and I didn't know what on earth he wanted (silly me to think when you ask for crackers you want crackers). And then I went in search of my favorite Kashi cereal and it was gone. I only opened it 2 days ago, taking a small baggie of it to work with me each day. So I don't think I was lying when I called Curt (on his way to work) and pretty much bitched him out for having eaten 3/4 a bag of cereal in 2 days. He claimed there wasn't even enough for a bowl this morning when he ate it. Whatever. I checked the box today and there are 12 servings in a bag and I ate 2 (I'm confident I had 2 actual servings because I used to measure out my servings when I counted calories in my pre prego days). Seriously ridiculous! He also wasn't very happy that I called to complain to him about it, but I didn't really care today. We might have a little demonstration tonight to show him what I ate and what he ate, in 2 days!

The last thing irritating me is my crazy mother. My brother is having a party for his 30th birthday this weekend and Curt and I were invited. Well it is our anniversary (5 years) and silly me wants to spend the evening with my husband and not my entire family. I finally got my mom to understand this but now she is hounding me to at least get him a card. Ok, I am 31 years old and pretty sure I don't need my mom telling me when it is necessary to send a card or not. How could I have possibly survived out of her house for the past 13 years with out her telling me exactly how to live my life. It is a miracle I've turned out as well as I think I have.

No comments: