Thursday, April 9, 2009

8 months


Barrett turned 8 months last week. I feel like I never write about him, but in reality Bodie is the one that just does so much these days. Anyway, Barrett now claps and just yesterday he started trying to wave bye-bye as we left school. It was adorable watching him concentrate on trying to move his hand just right. Then at dinner I told Curt about it and he got Barrett to do it over and over again. He isn't crawling yet, which really is making him mad. He'll push himself around backwards and also get up on all fours for a moment, so I have a feeling his time will come soon. He thinks his older brother is about the most entertaining person around. It is amazing to me to watch the two boys together. Bodie is a wonderful big brother. He knows just what to do to make Barrett laugh and also does the silliest baby talk to Barrett. I've never noticed that Curt and I do a lot of baby talk but Bodie will just take some non-sense phrase and baby talk it to Barrett. A common one while we are in the car is "you have my old car seat...you have my old car seat" which is followed by "you laughin...you laughin" all said in smiley, happy baby talk. I try to get this on camera but whenever I pull out the camera Bodie wants on the other side to see the pictures being taken.

No comments: