Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bargain meal of the week

Bargain Meal of the Week

Click on the image to go find your Bargain Meal of the Week

This week's Hy-vee bargain meal of the week.

I was walking around the hall at work today when I recipe idea came to me today. This is easy and tasty. I apologize I didn't write down the source of this recipe...

Taco Skillet

1lb hamburger, browned ($1.99)
1/2c salsa ($2.50 for entire jar)
1/4c water (free!)
12 tortillas - cut into 1 inch squares ($1.28)
1 can tomato soup

After hamburger is browned, combine all ingredients in skillet. An easy way to cut up the tortillas is to use a pizza cutter. Also I'm pretty certain I just use a package of tortillas, whether that is 8 or 12 (I think the whole wheat ones I usually buy come in packages of 8).

For more Bargain Meal ideas, head over to $5 dinners.

No comments: