Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bargain meal of the week

Bargain Meal of the Week

Click on the image to go find your Bargain Meal of the Week

I'm glad that an actual recipe came to mind as I flipped through the Hy-vee ads this week. But of course I cannot find the recipe, so here is my improvised version of it.
1 package chicken ($0.88/lb)
1 bottle bbq sauce ($1.28)
Put ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. You can also add a package of onion soup mix or a can of pineapple (which was the recipe I was looking for). I'm pretty sure with the can of pineapple I add the pineapple and then about half of the juice mixed with a little brown sugar. But plenty of times we have just done chicken topped with barbecue sauce in the crock pot and it is very easy and tasty.

For more Bargain Meal ideas, head over to $5 dinners.

No comments: