Monday, May 5, 2008

A Guy

This weekend we were listening to the radio and the song I'm Still a Guy by Brad Paisley came on. Curt was singing along and then Bodie chimed in by saying "a guy" over and over. It was pretty cute.

We had a very nice weekend, with a ton of much needed family time. Saturday we went to get family pictures taken (I know odd to do since we are expecting, but it was through our church). Our appointment was at 9:50 and they were already 1 hour behind so we didn't get them taken until close to 11. Bodie was a champ during the wait, but not so much when we sat down to get the picture taken. One funny thing about the picture experience. Curt asked me what Bodie was wearing so that he could coordinate. Um...what about what I am wearing??? Of course I didn't wake up in time to wash the shirt I wanted Bodie to wear so we had to improvise. However I had been planning to wear a magenta colored shirt, which I told Curt, only to have him put on a red shirt. Hmmm...yeah that wasn't going to look good together. Finally after a lot of my going to the dryer and upstairs, then back down again, he finally changed into something different. I'm not that happy with how the pic turned out but I guess we can only go up from here.

After pictures we headed to our first Husker baseball game (well, Bodie's first and my first since I was in High School). Our neighbors Cory and Jodee gave us 2 tickets that they were not using. Then, as we waited in line to get our 3rd ticket, someone from Big Brothers Big Sisters came by saying they had a lot of tickets left over that they were giving away (since they were donated they could be re-sold) so we all went for free. We had a nice time. The weather was a bit on the windy side but Bodie really enjoyed eating popcorn and M&Ms, as well as throwing all the garbage away in the trash.

After baseball, it was home for a quick nap. Then we went out to dinner to Chili's, using a gift card I received for getting an award at work. Bodie's medicine has been affecting his appetite (or maybe just being sick in general is) so we weren't sure if he'd eat much, but he did great feasting on marinara pasta.

On Sunday we enjoyed a family trip to the zoo. We decided not to take along the stroller this time and ended up paying for it. Bodie didn't act as afraid this time but we (mostly Curt) ended up carrying him for the most part. His favorite thing to see is the seals (bish) and his least favorite is the camels. We did get to ride the train this time. I'm not sure if Bodie liked it or not but I'm going to take his not fussing as a good sign.

An update on his medicine. I bought some apple juice to try mixing with the medicine Saturday morning (I decided against apple sauce because if he wasn't going to eat it, apple sauce is much harder to force him to have). We mixed a little juice in a bowl with the medicine and gave it to him in the syringe. On Sunday he finished up eating some pineapple and it dawned on me that the pineapple juice might work much better (Bodie isn't much of a juice drinker - we rarely have it in the house. He does love his pa pa though.). He has done significantly better with the pineapple juice but it was a bit tough this morning for me to do it solo. Curt has volunteered to get Bodie up this week to help give it to him, but we'll see. I'm sure I can manage if he is still sleeping hard at that time.

No comments: