Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm exhausted

I don't know why I'm blogging instead of napping but I am. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and never fell back asleep before the alarm was to go off just after 5. We traveled to my in-laws this morning, and now I am just exhausted. Bodie is upstairs, needing to nap, but has been crying for the past 45 minutes. I was up there with him for a bit but I thought I was making things worse being up there with him. Curt is up with him now but that hasn't stopped Bodie from crying. The weather here is cold, rainy, and very windy and foggy. Really it is good napping weather. If only Bodie understood that. He did have a pretty good trip out. We bought a DVD player (off ebay for only $42, which included shipping). He was mesmerised by Elmo, so that kept him occupied for a good part of the morning. He only napped about 20 or so minutes which is pretty typical of him in the car, much to the dismay of mommy and daddy.

Yesterday I had a baby doctor appointment, along with an ultrasound to recheck my placenta. My placenta is still low and in front of my cervix. It is possible I'll have one more ultrasound before delivery to check and see if the doctor will have to cut through the placenta to deliver the baby. I guess there is no risk in that, but it can make for a longer more complicated surgery. Otherwise, the baby looked good. With my new adjusted due date, I was just short of 29w, and the baby measured around 30w, with an estimated weight of 3lb 7oz. To me that sounds pretty big but it is only 79th percentile. My belly only measured 27w but I guess that is fine. Actually I think it was only the 2nd time this pregnancy that a doctor measured me so I don't know how that stacks up to my past appointments. I just remember with Bodie the measurement never being very consistent and dependant on the doctor that did them. I am now on appointments every 2 weeks (already!) and I've scheduled my next appointment with the doctor that will do my delivery so hopefully I can get a date scheduled. I also need to talk to HR because I've heard that the maternity leave policy may have changed (for the better) since I had Bodie.

All sounds quiet upstairs - I may try to sneak that nap in after all.

No comments: