Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Such a little boy

Bodie is definitely "all boy". He loves to climb and jump off things. He has to point out every airplane or motorcycle he hears. Last night as we were leaving daycare I opened the door of the van to Barrett's seat. Bodie immediately climbed in. I thought he was just going to go over to his seat and wait for me to put him in and buckle him up. Instead he went to the front (driver's) seat. He sat there and steered the car and messed with the controls (thankfully the keys were in my hands otherwise I wouldn't have let him up there). I couldn't help but laugh at him, which doesn't help matters when trying to get him to his seat so we could go home. Curt warned me now that Bodie will probably try this pretty much every time we are going somewhere. I'm sure after another time or 2 I won't find it quite as amusing and definitely will put a stop to it.

At our 2 year doctor visit back in July, we had to answer "no" when the nurse asked if Bodie referred to himself in the 3rd person. He is finally starting to do that. Last week I told him we needed to go to Bodie's side (of the van) and he repeated Booty's side. Then all weekend I asked him what his name was and he'd say Booty. Now he points and name's himself in pictures and refers to his things as Booty's xxx. The funniest was earlier this week I was getting ready to take Barrett to bed and Bodie said Booty go nite nite too?

No comments: